The Piper's Friend is a revolutionary addition to your piping equipment. Its innovative design reduces the amount of moisture finding its way into both the bag and the reeds, while improving hygiene and extending the life of your bagpipes, and also for steady tuning.
1. Fit the vented stock into the bag by tying in for hide bag, or by pushing through grommet on synthetic bags.
2. Locate the Piper's Friend Filter bottom end and gently insert the sponge until it is flush with the Filter's rim.
3. Firmly insert the tapered end of the ferrule into filter until fully seated.
4. Place the ferrule filter combination within the vented stock and use waxed hemp to make sure you are creating an airtight seal.
1. Remove the blowpipe and simply twist free the ferrule filter combination from the stock.
2. Thoroughly rinse filter in warm water or non-alcoholic disinfectant solution and leave to air dry.
3. Soak sponge in warm water or non-alcoholic disinfectant solution before leaving to dry in a warm place to maximize future absorbency.
4. Reassemble as before.