Offering a bold and pronounced bass drone with lovely harmonic tenors, Wallace bagpipes are also a favorite in the piping community. The attention to detail is evident not only in sound but in the handsome design and engraving. The Wallace bagpipe is played in numerous grade 1 pipe bands at the highest level of competition as well as renowned soloists across the globe. They also provide bagpipes for the world famous "Red Hot Chili Pipers" band and served Pipe Major Chris Armstrong of the grade 1 Scottish Power Pipe Band in the design of his own personal line of bagpipes. Wallace pipes continue to serve the piping world as a well known and reputable bagpipe maker.
Give the pipes a listen:
The Wallace Bagpipe Classic 5 Engraved features:
- Comb & Beaded African Blackwood
- African Blackwood Projection Mounts
- Beaded & Enclosed Plain/Engraved Nickel Ferrules
- Beaded & Enclosed Plain/Engraved Nickel Ringcaps
- Plain/Engraved Nickel Slides
- Poly Pipe Chanter
- Each set comes with a 5 year warranty against defects
- Please separate all drone sections when storing pipes after playing
- Keep inside drone bores dry between playing sessions
- Use waxed hemp rather than yellow hemp to reduce swelling due to moisture
- Bore oil is not recommended
Be sure to head to our blog about "Buying your First Set of Bagpipes" to read more about what a beginner can expect when purchasing a set of authentic Highland Bagpipes: https://www.jhiggins.net/blog/buying-your-first-set-of-bagpipes/
Important Product Note: All bagpipe bags can develop mold and fungi with regular use if not cleaned and disinfected properly. This can lead to chronic inflammatory lung disease. Please take careful precautions to ensure your bag and blowpipe are cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis to prevent mold and fungi from developing.