Our ladies kilted skirt for hips under 46" is made from 4 yards of tartan, pleated in the back with a fringed, front apron. It fastens with two buckle strap closures on the right and velcro on the left. It has a maximum length of 28".
It's normally made with the lighter & medium weight wools and is shown with our wool tartan sash (sold separately). Please mention during checkout if you have a preferred weight of cloth.
Delivery is approximately 8 weeks, but we can be somewhat flexible meeting due dates, so please email John at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-426-7268 to discuss your timeline needs, and we'll try and work with you. Please view the video below and our measurement guide for tips on how to measure for your skirt. This is a custom product.
Kilts & Kilt Skirts (For Women)
- Waist ___(Women should measure where you want the top of the kilt to rest. If you want to wear it lower at the ledge, then enter the same measurement as ledge. If you want to wear it higher than the ledge then measure at that point and enter that measurement)
- Ledge of Hip Bone ___ (This is the bone at the ledge of your hip)
- Hips ___(The widest part around the seat)
- Length ___(Taken from the ledge of hip bone to middle knee while standing straight; we add 2" to this measurement. Provide total lengths for below knee skirts by measuring from the waist down to where you want the skirt to be. We will not add 2" to these type skirts.)
- Trouser Inseam___
- Your Height ___ (in feet and inches)
- Total length of a kilt or skirt you currently own if you want to match that length___
Product ReviewsWrite Review
very good quality
Posted by Aron Streibel on 2nd Jul 2019
So i ordered a kilted skirt for my wife in the blue Ramsay ancient to match my kilt. Being a novice i followed the instructional video to take measurements, i thought i did well... but a few days after submitting my order i was contacted by a representative of J Higgins to verify the length because they thought it was a little short. I double checked the measurements again following the video and confirmed the original numbers i sent. They contacted me back and asked me to confirm the length with one of my wife's favorite skirts and i was off by a few inches, not sure what i did wrong. Anyhow the skirt came and it is the right length thanks to the rep who contacted me and kept verifying i was giving the right measurements, otherwise it would've been too short. The skirt looks awesome and is very cute on my wife, it is great quality. Thank you J Higgins for your outstanding customer service and being sure i was getting what i wanted!
Outstanding kilt. My wife loves it
Posted by James on 26th Feb 2019
Custom made kilt. Great value. John was very easy to work with and responsive to questions. There are several critical measurements to making a kilt and John Higgins was helpful and practical in guiding us.
Kilt in my wife’s family tartan is beautiful. All the pleats very impressive.
Posted by Rebecca on 11th Sep 2018
I couldn't be more impressed with the quality of this ladies kilted skirt as well as the customer service. It was delivered on time and the skirt is beautiful. I am looking forward to showing it off at the NH Highland Games!
Love my ladied kilt!!!
Posted by Unknown on 14th Jul 2018
Perfect fit!!! Could not be more pleased Thank you.